About Me...

My name is Bj Moore. I am a 19 year old sophomore at the University of South Alabama majoring in Secondary Education/English. I want to become a teacher in order to help the youth, especially young men who really don't have a positive role model in their lives. I want to teach the 12th grade.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Standardized Testing

I really don't believe in standardized testing at all. I think that all it does is make the classroom structure too rigid. Teachers just end up having to make students memorize certain things and spit them back on a test. It also hinders students learning because they just memorize answers and not lern how to apply the material. I keep hoping that the CRTs will just die, but with the NO Child Left Behind, they just wont.

No comments:

Post a Comment