About Me...

My name is Bj Moore. I am a 19 year old sophomore at the University of South Alabama majoring in Secondary Education/English. I want to become a teacher in order to help the youth, especially young men who really don't have a positive role model in their lives. I want to teach the 12th grade.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I want to Become a Teacher

People always ask me why I want to become a teacher because teachers don't make any money and they get treated bad and this and that, but I'm not doing this to make money, I'm doing it for the kids. Too many kids don't have a positive male role model in their lives, especially young African-American men. I am fortunate enough to have a family that is together and happy and a dad that is there, but I know a lot of people that don't, so I would like to be that positive male role model for those kids that don't have one. I believe that I could make a difference in some young men's lives and that alone makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment